Monday, 5 August 2013

Mi Blog Es Tu Blog- Ian Warburton

Ian is a fellow blogger and we have corresponded a few times in the past months.
I am enthralled and inspired by his painting process and by his deep and layered works, full of meanings.
I hope you will enjoy his contribution:




Exquisite greening of trees
 Oil on panel, 120x120cm


WHO ARE YOU ?

 I was born in England, have painted forever it seems, and live now in rural S.W.France.

WHY THIS ONE ?

 Sometimes a painting comes out of nowhere and though one has been in general a more or less methodical worker there are times when one is taken by surprise and things happen in a rush and rightly or wrongly one imagines it means something.

SOMETHING ABOUT THIS PAINTING

I like to walk in the lanes and tracks surrounding our home. I photograph a lot, collage from them, make drawings and read. On this occasion a painting was resisting me and so I stepped into the garden to take a break and read something from Hildegarde of Bingen and suddenly I knew what to do. I was looking at a small stone bowl by Catriona Cartwright, by the pond, inscribed, exquisite greening of trees, hence the title. It all happened quite quickly and then I turned it to the wall.

TECHNICAL NOTES

Oil on wood panel, much used, scraped down, repainted mostly with various palette and plasterers knives.

WHERE IS IT NOW?

In my studio waiting to go to exhibition after which it will most likely be re-used as nothing lasts very long once it has served its purpose. I do photograph work but don't feel that I have to keep it.

BASIC PALETTE

Naples yellow
Alizarin Crimson
Cobalt Blue
Cerulean Blue
Raw Umber
Ultramarine Blue
Light Red
Titanium White
Lemon yellow
various dark greens.

WEBSITE

I have a blog, 
ianbevwarburton.blogspot.com







No comments: