Thursday, 18 July 2013

Mi Blog Es Tu Blog - Sterling Shaw

I met Sterling's work on Facebook and was immediately captivated, so much so that I have bought one of his pieces through his page on Etsy. It arrived promptly and I am delighted with it.

This is Sterling's contribution:

The Actors
Acrylic on Canvas
121.9 x 152.4 cm


WHO ARE YOU ?
I am an American painter based in Philadelphia, PA, where I was born and raised. On the playground is where I spent most of my days.

WHY THIS ONE: This painting is one my personal favorites and an atypical one for me considering it depicts more than a single iconic figure.

SOMETHING ABOUT IT:
The bird in the painting is an Indian Hill Myna which can vocalize a wide range of sounds, often very human like in quality. 

TECHNICAL NOTES:
This painting is acrylic on canvas, 48 x 60 inches. The painting is one of a few of mine painted on a dark ground. It was painted in my old studio which didn't get a lot of natural light which I think influenced a series of darker paintings. 


WHERE IS IT NOW:
In my studio waiting for you to take it home.

BASIC PALETTE:
Indian Yellow (Golden)
Cobalt Blue (Utrecht)
Violet Oxide (Golden)
Titanium White (Utrecht)
In addition when I want a deep-space-black I'll use a mixture of Alizarin Crimson and Phthalo Green.

WEBSITE

No comments: