Monday, 8 July 2013

Mi Blog Es Tu Blog - Maureen Nathan



I absolutely love Maureen's expressionistic drawings. We became aware of each other's work last year and have been chatting virtually and in front of a cappuccino ever since. 



'On the Banquette' 
56x81 cm


WHO ARE YOU?
Maureen Nathan
I am an artist from London via the west coast of Canada


WHY THIS ONE:
because it brings together the things in picture making that are important to me in one piece on a larger scale than I was used to : graphic line, colour and narrative. 

SOMETHING ABOUT IT:
the sitters are my daughter and her boyfriend. they sat for me over an afternoon.  it was going to be a study but before the sitting ended I put colour down in places and knew it was going to be a finished piece. they came back a few days later and  I worked the pastel onto the ink drawing and it was finished. 

 TECHNICAL NOTES:
this was drawn using indian ink and a chopstick onto sugar paper measuring 35 x 25 inches and the colour was worked in with unison pastels 

WHERE IS IT NOW:
In my studio

WEBSITE: