Monday, 22 July 2013

Mi Blog Es Tu Blog - Joe Morzuch



I came across Joe's paintings on Facebook and I was immediately captivated. There's a theme of circularity running through his still life works.
This is his contribution :




Fabric Study
Oil on canvas, 29"x18"
2013


I'm a painter currently living in Arkansas

This is a recent painting typical of the work I've been making over the past few years. 
It was painted from direct observation, over a number of 3-4 hour sessions.
I think if my paintings as more of a translation of things perceived and less a record or documentation of visual phenomena.
When painting, I spend most if my time measuring forms, plotting locations and adjusting chromatic and tonal relationships.

I work primarily in oil on canvas. My palette is pretty common and is usually made up of the following:
Flake White
Alizarin Crimson
Venetian Red
Cadmium Red Light
Cadmium Yellow Medium
Yellow Ochre
Burnt Sienna
Raw Umber
Ultramarine Blue
Cerulean Blue
Olive Green
Sap Green
I have recently been experimenting with Gamblin's line of "radiant colors".
The brands I prefer are Gamblin, W&N and Williamsburg.


www.joemorzuch.com 




No comments: