Monday, 29 July 2013

Mi Blog Es Tu Blog - François Dupuis



If you follow this blog you will be aware that I this year I went on a monotype course and I really fell in love with the process.

François, a Facebook friend, is a master of this printing technique working in all formats.
This is his contribution:

Panorama 1, 6.30 am
Dimensions: 8,7cm/13,3cm each monotype 



WHO ARE YOU ?

François Dupuis, painter, engraver, sculptor. I live in Chenas, near Lyon, France


WHY DID YOU CHOOSE THIS PAINTING ?
it is a series of 10 monotypes of the landscape I can see every morning. I am interested in working on parts of a whole, each part becoming a new whole.


TECHNICAL NOTES
A monotype is a single print. A drawing or painting made with black printing ink on a metallic plate and printed just one time on paper.


WHERE IS IT NOW :
Some of them are sold but nobody had the idea to get the overall view...


BASIC PALETTE
black ink


WEBSITE
http://travail-au-noir.blogspot.fr/







1 comment:

jane said...

Have really liked most of the posts so far - keep up the good work! - but really really love this. May steal the general idea at some point . . .