Sunday, 30 June 2013

Mi Blog Es Tu Blog II - Emil Robinson

I had been following Emil's work for a while, and then I had the privilege to meet him in London at the opening of his show at Waterhouse & Dodd in 2011.





WHO ARE YOU?

 

Emil Robinson:

I am an artist from Cincinnati Ohio in the United States. I am married to another artist; Catherine Richards, and we both teach at the University of Cincinnati.

 

WHY THIS ONE:

Because it is recent, and was tremendously challenging to paint, Also because I don’t do a lot of straight forward head studies.

 

SOMETHING ABOUT IT:

This was done in my studio with my friend, artist Tyler Wilkinson sitting for me. It is a three hour painting.

 

 

TECHNICAL NOTES:

This painting is small: 5x4 inches and it is painted on Arches oil paper

 

WHERE IS IT NOW:

Drying in my studio for a show next month

 

BASIC PALETTE:

Lamp Black

Flake White

Titanium White

Raw Umber

Burnt Sienna

Cad Red

Napthol Crimson

Lemon Yellow

Cad Yellow

Cerulean blue

French Ultramarine

Sap Green

Viridian Green


No comments: