Saturday, 17 March 2012

Wrap Series, "Pile II"
oil on linen

I have three paintings on show at the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea, London, this weekend, with Cricket Fine Art gallery. All the paintings are from my "Wrap" series. 
Pile II is the second investigation in this subject, and I have already painted a third one. 

     
"Letter and Parcel, Blue Wallpaper" is a large scale work, 131x101 cm, which was very interesting to paint as it posed a few problems with perspective. My studio is very small, and I look at my set ups from a close distance. I had to take a decision on how much I wanted to distort the vertical lines. Definitely a motif I have to explore again. 


In "Black Box, Unwrapped" I liked how the paper cradled the box, almost like a hand. 


1 comment:

Maike Josupeit said...

I like all, but the first is my favorite, hope the show was successful.