Friday, 11 November 2011

The American Dream and Other News

Recently my work has been appreciated by our friends from across the ponds.
Following an introduction from my friend Alex Tyng, the american magazine "The Artist's Magazine" has featured me in an eight-pages-long article on their November issue.
You can download the magazine from this page for $5.99. To introduce me to their readers, the magazine has also published photos of some portraits on their website and two excerpts from the article here and here. I was in US a few days ago and bought a couple of copies. Once home I realized that someone had ripped off the pages on me in one of the copies, I have been stolen !

"In a separate incident" my painting of Natalia has been chosen as a finalist in The Artist's Magazine's Annual Portrait Competition this year, a selection judged by Robert Liberace !



On the home front: two more weeks to go see the Ruth Borchard Self Portrait Competition at King's Place Gallery. At the bottom of this page there is a link to download the list of the paintings on display.
 This month more works of mine were on display atboth editions of the Affordable Art Fair, in Battersea and Hampstead. I am happy to report that I had very good sales, particularly my new series "Wrap" has been decimated ! 
In these days I am working feverishly on more "Wrap" paintings both for the 20/21 Fair in February and for a show in Italy next year.

No comments: