Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Sarah Nutley & Tony Rothon Show

I am just back from the private view of Tony and Sarah's show in Mayfair.

Above, "Figure in the Kitchen of Keat's House" by Tony, and "Woman in a Fur Collar" by Sarah.

I have been studying with Tony and Sarah for many years and I practically have learned from them everything I know about painting. It's fantastic to see their work in a show together, and see how they have affected and shaped each other in painting.



"Kimberley Robinson, Soprano", " After Boucher" by Rothon- top right painting by Nutley

This large reclining nude is my favourite among Tony's works. I had seen this painting last year and I was looking forward to be able to admire it again: for me it's like a painting lesson !


centre "Chillingham Castle", "A Garden at Audley End" by Nutley

The bottom painting in the middle was my favourite among Sarah's painting, a very calm and subtle view of a garden, I love its very soothing dusk colours.
Painters like Tony and Sarah are very rare: their respective visions, sensitivities to colour, eyes for composition are marvelous and always leave me full of admiration and inspiration. You can find their website in the blogroll on the right.

Tony Rothon and Sarah Nutley
The Gallery, 54 Shepherd Market, Mayfair, London W1
Monday 17th to Sunday 23rd January 2011






No comments: