Thursday, 27 May 2010

I am going to have some paintings at a group show in London.
The show will open on the 8th of June at Cricket Fine Art, 2 Park Walk, Chelsea.
I am very happy to have started a collaboration with this gallery which represents artists such as Chloe Lamb  and Valeriy Gridnev.

I will be showing some flower paintings; among the several I painted recently the ones chosen for the show were the ones with a summery feeling.
I very much enjoy painting flowers and I quite like the urgency of the subject matter, since they change so fast. I try not to stop painting once the flowers have died; I keep working from my memory, tiding up and simplifying some areas, building up layers of paint.

7 comments:

SILENO said...

I hope very great things for you!
Lovely artwork.

JMahorney said...

I'm so happy to have found your blog and really look forward to every post now.

This is beautiful! I love the brushwork in flowers above. Is the painting really this low key? I ask because I looked at a histogram of the image and it uses about half of the value range and it's all in the lower half. Just wondering.

Ilaria said...

Thank you Sileno !
J, the photo of the painting is rather close to real life on my screen, but I am not sure about its calibration. The lightest light is the highlight on the jug and it is perhaps value 8 in Munsell.
Thank you for following me, I hope I will manage to write something interesting enough !

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

It's gorgeous. I too just discovered your work, can't wait to see more floral still lifes.

Vicente Herrero said...

I like your work, with that little geometric construction
And the application of the patches of color.
Regards.

Ilaria said...

Thank you Vicente !

Ilaria said...

And Diane, thank you !