Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Opening in Palermo

I am just writing a brief post to tell about the opening of the show in Palermo. It was a success !
The reception was very crowded, people kept coming along from 6 to 9 o'clock. For this I must really thanks not only Laura Romano, the gallerist, but also my friends in Palermo, Renata, Angheli, and my expat sicilian friends Margherita, Valentina, Paolo and many more. My father ( above on my right) came from Florence and his support was incredible as usual.


I was surprised by the warmth of Sicilians, not that I didn't know about it. They really embraced me and my work with affection and I felt as if I were at home.
The show was hanged very nicely, I had the first rooms and entrance, and two further rooms were dedicated to a collection of still life in different techniques.  Many other artists were present, so  I had the chance and honour to meet Tino Signorini, Anna Kennel, Bice Triolo, Renato Tosini, Mariolina Spadaro, Maurizio Priolo, Marta Cannizzaro and Salvatore Caputo, who had helped Laura fixing one of my paintings arrived at the last minute with a badly damaged frame.


Critics and journalists were also there, and the show has been reviewed already here, while more reviews should appear in the next days.


 Considering the short notice ( the show was only devised a few weeks ago) the outcome has been fantastic, sales have already started and I hope they will continue, since the show is open until the end of the month.  There was also much interest for portraits, so I am hoping to go back soon with the excuse of painting someone !!

No comments: