Wednesday, 20 January 2010

A Show in Palermo, Sicily


       Last year I went to Palermo for a few days to visit one of my closest friends. With the occasion I emailed a couple of galleries thinking they would delete my message without even opening it. I was surprised when Laura Romano emailed me back to make an appointment.
       Laura has been the owner of galleria Elle Arte for more than ten years now and has organized countless events and shows, not only in her gallery.
Although the gallery's website is in desperate need of a revamp, Laura has an excellent rooster of artists.
Among them, Pedro Cano Tino Signorini and  Sarah Miatt.
When we met she gave me some catalogues of past shows which were a source of inspiration and a reminder of the high standard of the gallery. Laura was recently in touch with me as she is putting up a still life themed show. She has offered me a room of my own in order to introduce me to the sicilian public.
        I am very excited at the opportunity and just got the plane tickets for Palermo. She will be showing some paintings from last year with the view of having a larger show of new works in the future. The opening is on the 5th of February.

2 comments:

Bridget Hunter said...

I've just found your blog and find your posts very helpful. I also love the painting you posted 20th January - so simple yet capturing the beauty of everyday objects.

Ilaria said...

Thank you Bridget, I have looked at your work and it's very very good !
If you can, go check out the BP Portrait show when it comes to Scotland at the end of the year.
All the best